What is PIVX?
How to add my existing Masternode?
PIVX (PIVX), formerly DarkNet (DNET), is a decentralised, open-source cryptocurrency launched in January 2016 as a fork of Dash. PIVX’s focus is on privacy and anonymity of transactions as it is designed to run on anonymous networks. The coin started its life as a mineable proof-of-work currency (using the ASIC-resistant Quark algorithm) to generate some 43 million coins, but it became a pure proof-of-stake coin once the initial mining phase was completed (at block 259,200 or about 180 days since the genesis block). About 60,000 coins were pre-mined, but these were destroyed at the completion of the proof-of-work stage. The project re-branded to PIVX in February 2017.
If you want to track your already existing Masternode, which held on any other server, you just need to set its wallet address (public key) in your account on AllNodes.
How to create and set PIVX wallet?
- Download and install the wallet from the official website: https://pivx.org/wallet/
- Open your PIVX wallet
- Go to “Receive” tab
- Set any label in the text field (ex. Masternode 1) and amount 10 000 PIVX
- Click on “Request payment”
- On the next window click “Copy Address”
- Go to “Send” tab and send exactly 10 000 PIVX to your just created address
How to create new PIVX Masternode?
- After confirmation of transaction in blockchain you just need to go to your account on AllNodes, click the “Launch Masternode” button, set the wallet address (public key), where you have 10 000 PIVX and the system will be able to recognize your transaction. If the system can’t recognize your transaction it may happens, because you still don’t get confirmation in blockchain. Usually it takes a few minutes, so you just need to wait for some time.
IMPORTANT: 10 000 PIVX have to be sent as only one transaction. It doesn’t work if you send a few transactions of some amount of PIVX which are 10 000 PIVX in total. The amount of money, which is more than 10 000 PIVX is not acceptable as well. Transaction have to be exactly 10 000 PIVX.
- After setting the wallet address in your AllNodes account you will see the special configuration string for your masternode.conf file. You can find this file in wallet’s root directory and open it with any basic text editor. This file may already contain # as the first item in the line. These lines are comments and can be left in the file. In the empty line below you have to paste special configuration string, which you got from AllNodes.
- Then you need to save the masternode.conf file, restart your PIVX wallet and wait for complete synchronization with the network. After that go to Masternodes tab and choose “Start all” option. That’s all, your Masternode is ready. You will see all the information about it on AllNodes in about 1 hour.
How much will I earn?
The average revenue from each PIVX Masternode is about 100-120 PIVX/month. Payments for PIVX Masternode are usually expected every 1-2 days on your wallet address.
How much does it cost?
All the AllNodes services are completely free till the end of the Open Beta and $5/month after that as a promo until you cancel your Masternode. You can always find the current cost of the services on the Pricing page.